Thursday 29 September 2011

12WBT Bloggers Challenge 2: Health

For more information on the blogging challenge see: http://courage2start.blogspot.com/p/round-three-2011-blogging-challenges.html

What is (to you) a picture of health?  What is health?

This topic is important to me because I don't consider myself healthy.  Over the last few years in particular, I've had quite a few health problems.  My birthday was on Saturday and, the phrase "you are only as old as you feel" would mean I probably should be on an old-age pension! 

I'm slowly sorting out my health issues but it is involving a lot of tests and a lot of various doctors appointments.

To me, health means waking up feeling refreshed, ready to face the day and free of pain. 

I've done up a collage (which was fun even though I don't consider myself arty). 


The background is a picture of vegetables, because obviously a healthy diet with lots of fresh vegetables is important for health.

The pictures, going clockwise from top right are:
1. Running on the beach.  I loved the background, and one of my goals is to be able to run.
2. An apple. An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
3. Girl in green dress.  To me this represented feeling free, happy, and relaxed. 
4. Woman with a hand weight. Part of being healthy is being strong.
5. Apple, weight and tape measure.  Represents some of the core aspects of 12WBT and health.  Weights = strength, apple = healthy food, and a tape measure = progress.
6. Happy feet.  Partly because I'm a sucker for anything cute, but a big part of being healthy is being happy.

1 comment: